Amazon Basin Extension
You've traveled across the world. Do you have flexibility and want to extend your stay? Visit Ecuador's Amazon jungles, one of the most biodiverse and iconic natural sites on the planet. If you have not booked yet and are interested, please contact your travel coordinator or email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will help you add this on to your trip!
Already Going on the Extension?
Here is some important information that you need to know about traveling on the Amazon Basin extension.
- Contact Info for the extension: Hakan Karlsson, Discover Corps Country Coordinator: +(593) 99 3494407 / Patricia Fernandez, Discover Corps Ecuador Coordinator: +593 99 9175171
- Accommodation (note that this may change due to seasonality or availability):
La Selva Amazon Eco Lodge & Spa - República del Salvador N36-140 y Naciones Unidas. Edificio Mansión Blanca, Torre Londres - Mezzanine. Quito-Ecuador
- Packing List - Please be sure to pack the following for your Amazon extension:
- Passport and color copy
- Cash in small denominations for bar services, tips or souvenirs (Visa and MasterCard are accepted at the Lodge)
- Personal medication to last for the duration of your trip
- Sunhat + Sunblock Sunglasses
- Walking shoes/sneakers + waterproof sandals such as Tevas or keens
- Socks: we recommend tall socks that don’t slip easily inside rubber boots. Two pairs per day are ideal. Light-weight,
- Long-sleeved shirts and t-shirts
- Light-weight quick-dry hiking pants
- Rain poncho
- Insect repellent
- Binoculars (waterproof) + Backpack Headlamp (or Flashlight) + Extra batteries.
- Camera + Dry bags
- Rubber Boots supplied at the lodge. Available sizes 5 to 10½
- Swimwear to use in the Spa and Hot Tub
- Luggage weight limit: 20 Kg per passenger
- DO NOT BRING FOOD of any kind: Food attracts ants and other critters to your suite.
- Ecuadorian Visa/Passport info will be the same as the main Galapagos itinerary
- Flight Information - Please see detailed flight information here
Please also see the Pre-Departure booklet emailed to you for other information related to the Galapagos trip and extension!