A visa is required for travelers from the USA, UK or Canada going to Kenya for 90 days or less. Please note:
- If traveling with both parents, minors under the age of 16 do not require a visa. If they are not traveling with both parents, a visa IS required and the associated fees must be paid.
- If a minor under the age of 16 is traveling with one parent, they are required to obtain a paper visa in their passport via the Kenyan Embassy or G3 Visas (recommended). Minors under 16 are not eligible for the Kenya eVisa. Additional documentation may be required including a consent form from the other parent.
There are two options for obtaining this visa:
Option 1: Do-it-yourself through the Kenyan Embassy's online system
To obtain a single entry visa click here to visit the website. Please see the steps outlined below:
HOW DO I APPLY
1. Go to www.evisa.go.ke and click on create eVisa account
2. Once Logged in, Select Deparment of Immigration services.
3. Select submit Appplication.
4. Select Kenyan Visa.
5. Select the type of Visa and read the Instructions Carefully.
6. Fill in the application form.
7. Pay Using visa card, Mastercard and other debit cards.
8. Await approval via email, then download and print the eVisa from your eCitizen account.
9. Present your printed eVisa to the immigration officer at the port of entry.
POINTS TO NOTE
1. Visa processing fee is non refundable.
2. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
3. The possesion of an eVisa is not the final Authority to enter The Republic of Kenya.
4. Engaging in any form of business or employment without a requisite permit or pass is an offence.
5. A visa is required prior to entry into The Republic of Kenya.
6. The e-Visa printout must be presented at the port of entry.
Option 2: G3 Visas & Passports
Our visa processing partner, G3 Visas & Passports, will process the visa directly with the embassy on your behalf. Attached below is a customized visa questionnaire and an instruction sheet from G3 Global Services. To apply through G3, please complete the included questionnaire and e-mail it to DiscoverCorps@g3visas.com or fax it to
866.611.6960. A G3 associate will then complete the online application for you and will email (or mail) back your completed eVisa. We recommend that you
apply for your eVisa 15-40 days before departure. Please ensure that your passport has at least two sets of blank pages marked “Visas” and will be valid for at least six months following your tour. G3 Global Services can assist with new passports and passport renewals, if necessary.
Kenya Contact Info
Address: P.O. Box 32 - 00217 Limuru
Phone number: +254 0736 42 42 42
Any international travel requires the use of a passport. If you do not have a passport it is important to apply for one as soon as possible. It often takes four to six weeks to process the paperwork for a passport (and even longer during the peak travel season of March to August).
For questions about obtaining or renewing your passport (American citizens) you can visit travel.state.gov.
* If you have a passport, please note - it is highly recommended that your passport be valid for up to 6 months after your scheduled departure date
* It is also important that you have at least one completely blank page (with no stamps or visas) in your passport. This is a requirement for entry into many countries. If your passport is nearly full it might be a good idea to apply for additional pages.
* If you are a U.S. citizen, we recommend working with G3 Visas and Passports to make the process smooth and easy.
Make several photocopies of your passport. Leave a copy at home with your family and carry a copy with you at all times when you are overseas for identification purposes, money changing, etc. If you should lose your passport, having a copy will speed up the process of replacing it.
Just click and download the form below to get you started on your Kenyan Visa: