You've traveled across the world. Do you have flexibility and want to extend your stay? Visit Tanzania's most iconic tropical island, Zanzibar. If you have not booked yet and are interested, please contact your travel coordinator and they will help you add this on to your trip!
Extension to Zanzibar Island (4 Day/ 3 Night):
Time to leave the mainland before and enjoy some island time. Over the course of 4 days, we’ll compliment our time in Kilimanjaro’s vast plains with an Indian Ocean island adventure. Explore the winding streets of Stone Town venturing through the former Slave Market, the Sultan’s Palace and the Old Arab Fort on a guided tour. Along the way, experience modern-day island life in the coastal spice and fish markets. Venture offshore to idyllic Prison Island and scout for the island’s famous giant tortoises at a sanctuary, relax on powder white beaches and swim in crystal blue waters.
Here is some important information that you need to know about traveling on the Zanzibar extension.
- Contact Info for the extension: 24 hour contact while on the extension: Adrian Maarschalk 255 782 994 299
- Packing List - Please be sure to pack the following for the Zanzibar extension in addition to the time in Kenya:
- Beach appropriate clothing (swimsuit, sunglasses, light shirts and shorts, flip flops).
- Light long sleeve shirts and skirts for time in Stone Town (it is more conservative in town)
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Rain jacket/umbrella (March to May)
- Tanzania Visa/Passport info - Tanzania requires a tourist visa for entry into the country. A visa can be obtained on arrival at the Zanzibar Airport for $100USD per person. You must have either a $100 bill or two $50 bills that are crisp and newer than 2006. Please also be sure to print out your final itinerary with the hotel addresses and contact info in Zanzibar for the application. Please read here for more information on these requirements.
- Vaccination Information - Tanzania requires travelers to have proof of yellow fever vaccine if coming from Kenya. Please see CDC Recommendations here. We recommend that you consult your doctor or travel health clinic to discuss further.
- Flight Information - Please see detailed flight information here
Please also see the Pre-Departure booklet emailed to you for other information related to the Kenya trip and Zanzibar extension!