In Oaxaca, the wet season is overcast, the dry season is partly cloudy, and it is warm year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 47°F to 87°F and is rarely below 42°F or above 93°F.
Suggested Packing List:
Must - Haves:
- Passport. Must be valid for up to 6 months after your scheduled departure date from Peru.
- Comfortable shoes for hiking/walking
- One refillable water bottle
- Rain jacket / wind breaker (waterproof)
- Warm sweatshirt / fleece (nice to wear fleece under rain jacket on colder days, remember layers!)
- Short-sleeved shirts
- Long-sleeved shirts
- Gym / sportswear (for hiking / working)
- Under garments
- Socks (very warm, thick socks and hiking socks)
- Shorts (no shorter than mid-thigh)
- Jeans / long pants
- Warm pajamas
- Swim suit and one pair of flip flops / sandals / water shoes (for 14-day hot springs visit)
Bath / Personal:
- Personal medication
- Glasses / contacts / contact solution / retainer, if applicable
- Personal toiletries (If you have certain items that you absolutely need, bring enough to last until you return home. Don't forget to bring gender specific products)
- Insect Repellent
- Books and/or magazines
- Watch or small alarm clock
- Personal snacks that you may need or crave (such as granola bars or power bars). We provide 3 full meals a day, however, some have particular dietary/health needs.
- Disposable camera, film camera or digital camera - and film or memory card(s) for digital camera
- One day pack back to carry your water, etc
- One suitcase (wheels, backpack, whatever you prefer).
- Make sure you consider airline weight and baggage restrictions when packing
Discover Corps Provides:
- Linens / blankets
- Hand soap