You've traveled across the world. Do you have flexibility and want to extend your stay? Visit Tanzania's most iconic tropical island, Zanzibar. If you have not booked yet and are interested, please contact your travel coordinator and they will help you add this on to your trip!
Extension to Zanzibar Island (3 Day/ 2 Night):
Time to leave the mainland before and enjoy some island time. Travelers will head to Zanzibar Island in the Indian Ocean on the last day of the Tanzania: Safari & Service trip. Upon arrival, we’ll meet our local Discover Corps Guide and venture to the North Coast of the island to our ocean front accommodations. Along the way, take a tour through a traditional spice farm and experience local life. The next day, swim along the vibrant coral reefs scouting for marine life on a snorkeling tour before heading back to Stone Town for an evening dinner together. The next morning, take a short boat ride out to the offshore Prison Island. Once home to a colonial prison, the island is now known for its resident giant tortoises and crystal blue waters. After a morning exploring the beaches and wildlife of the island, head back to the mainland and take a short tour of Stone Town before jetting back home from Zanzibar International Airport.
Here is some important information that you need to know about traveling on the Zanzibar extension.
- Contact Info for the extension: 24 hour contact while on the extension: Tyler Kinzer: +(255) 689 034 589
- Packing List - Please be sure to pack the following for the Zanzibar extension in addition to the time in Moshi:
- Beach appropriate clothing (swimsuit, sunglasses, light shirts and shorts, flip flops).
- Light long sleeve shirts and skirts for time in Stone Town (it is more conservative in town)
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Rain jacket/umbrella (March to May)
- Tanzania Visa/Passport info - The same visa and passport requirements would apply as the main itinerary. If you are traveling from the 10-day trip, your visa will cover your time in Zanzibar. Please read here for more information on these requirements.
- Flight Information - Please see detailed flight information here
Please also see the Pre-Departure booklet emailed to you for other information related to the Tanzania trip and extension!