Travelers must obtain a "Student Visa" category of visa for travel in Tanzania. This visa type allows for both entry into Tanzania for up to 90 days and volunteering during the stay. Please note that you can still apply for this visa even if you are not technically a student.
Option 1 - Full Service Option (Discover Corps Recommended)
- Use our recommended visa processor: G3 Global Services: http://www.g3visas.com/discovercorps.html. G3 is familiar with our programs and can assist you every step of the way
- Please download, print, and carefully read the document attached at the bottom of this page: This document contains: Cover page, Tanzania application, consent letter, and requirements page
- Email G3 for questions and help with your visa process: DiscoverCorps@g3visas.com
- When using G3, mail your completed packet to G3 Visas & Passports:
- 919 18th Street NW, Suite 230
- Washington, DC 20006
- Do NOT mail your packet to the Tanzanian Embassy!
Option 2 - Obtain the e-visa on your own by applying independently online:
Apply independently through the Tanzanian Immigration E-Services. Note that Discover Corps is not able to assist in the do-it-yourself e-visa option. For travelers located outside of the United States, please contact the Tanzanian Consulate in your home country.
Important Notice for those Applying Independently :
- Applicants of Visa are strongly advised to read carefully the Visa Guideline before making an application;
- Visa applicants are advised to make their applications through the Official Tanzania Immigration website (www.immigration.go.tz) ONLY and Not through any other links;
- Any applicant of Visa is assumed to have read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions stipulated in the Disclaimer and Visa Guideline ;
- Applicants must ensure that their passports have a validity of at least six months and at least one unused visa page before submitting their application;
- Applicant is expected to apply for a right category of visa. If the applicant is not sure about the type of visa he/she requires, he/she is advised to seek guidance through the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any visa wrongly applied or which lacks sufficient attachment may be rejected;
- No refund will be made in respect of any rejected visa application;
- The Visa applications will be processed within ten days, therefore applicants are strongly advised to observe the stipulated time frame while making their applications;
- After making payments, applicants are required to wait for approval of their Visa before they start their journey. Approval notification will be sent to their e-mail. Or they can access the Visa Grant Notification by checking the Status of their Visa online;
- The Tanzania Immigration Services Department may give or withhold reasons for rejection of Visa to the applicant;
- Visa regulations and conditions may be subject to change at any time without prior notification to the applicants.
It should be noted that the possession of Visa is not a final authority to enter the United Republic of Tanzania. The Immigration Officer at the Entry point may refuse a holder of visa to enter, if he is satisfied that the holder is unable to fulfill Immigration entry requirements or if the presence of such person or visitors in the United Republic of Tanzania would be contrary to the National Interests.
- For contact people within Tanzania, input:
- Esther Simba
- PO Box 7461
- +255 764-771-7139
Tanzania Invitation Letter (required)
10 day Tanzania Invitation Letter
13 day Tanzania Invitation Letter (Zanzibar Extension)
G3 Application Form (only if you're applying through G3 Global Services)
We recommend that our travelers purchase travel insurance to protect their investment. Click here to learn more about travel insurance with Travel Guard. Note that all plans can be purchased up until 24 hours prior to departure.
Click on the following link to get a quote from Travel Guard. For quotes on any other plans or to discuss the options available, feel free to call Travel Guard at 800.454.7107 and provide them with our Discover Corps Agent Code - 266267.