Ranthambore National park is located in the Northern part of India. The summer season lands between May-June, with the highest temperatures taking place April-June. It is recommended to pack light clothing, sunscreen and dark sunglasses during that time frame. Winter months are between November-end of February, night temperatures can drop to 50 degrees so it is advised to bring warm clothing.
Suggested Packing List:
Must - Haves:
• Passport. Must be valid for up to 6 months after your scheduled departure date from India.
• Tourist visa to visit India
• Insect repellent (with at least 30% DEET)
• One refillable water bottle
• Warm sweatshirt / fleece (nice to wear fleece under rain jacket on colder days, remember layers!)
• Short-sleeved shirts (spaghetti-strap tank tops are not permitted)
• Long- sleeved shirts
• Gym / sportswear (for hiking / working)
• Under garments, socks
• Bathing suit
• Shorts (knee length or longer)
• Jeans / long pants
• One pair of tennis shoes / closed toe sandals (these are for service)
• One pair of boots / shoes (for safaris)
• One pair of rain / rubber boots (for trips July-October)
• Rain jacket / waterproof wind breaker / poncho (for trips July-October)
• Service appropriate clothing: Polo or other collared shirt (no shoulders) & pants/capris (no knees showing)
Bath / Personal:
• Personal medication
• Glasses / contacts / contact solution / retainer, if applicable
• Personal toiletries (If you have certain items that you absolutely need, bring enough to last until you return home. Don't forget to bring gender specific products)
• Books and/or magazines
• Watch or small alarm clock
• Extra batteries (for your flashlight)
• Personal snacks that you may need or crave (such as granola bars or power bars). We provide 3 meals a day. However, meat will not always be served.
• Disposable camera, film camera or digital camera - and film or memory card(s) for digital camera
• Adapter / converter (only if you are bringing items that need to be charged)
• Flashlight / headlamp
• Ski hat
• Work gloves
Discover Corps Provides:
• Linens / blankets
• Hand soap
*Laundry service is available in most hotels for a nominal charge. We advise that you should bring enough lightweight clothes to avoid having to do laundry more than once during the trip.
*Electrical outlets in India are either Type C (European) or Type D (British). Voltage is 230 volts. You will need and voltage converter and plug adapter to use U.S. appliances.