A Visa IS required to travel to India. This visa can be obtained online as an e-visa up until 4 days prior to departure. Below are two ways to obtain your visa: You are encouraged to begin the visa application process 6 weeks prior to your departure. Please note: the visa is valid beginning on the day it is issued. For example, a 6 month visa issued on January 1st would be valid until June 30th.
Applications can be made either through a visa processor (i.e.- G3 Visas) or directly through the Indian Embassy.
Option 1: G3 Visas:
- G3 Visas will process the application for you directly through the Indian Embassy. Simply fill out the form attached at the bottom of the page, send G3 your passport and all required documents/photos and they will process the visa directly through the embassy. Note: G3 visas charges an administrative cost for this option
Option 2: Self Application
- Directly through the Indian Embassy- You can apply for your e-visa online through the Indian Embassy here. Follow the instructions on the site utilizing the information below.
- Completed e-visa application on the Indian Government E-Visa Website for each person traveling. Please use the following in-country contact information in the application:
Travel Corporation of India
Tower B · Delta Square · M.G. Road
Sector 25 · Gurgaon 122001 · Haryana
National Capital Region of Delhi · India
T +91 124 4703415 | M +91 9910900413
- Scanned Bio page of passport showing photograph and details
- Passport photo (must be JPEG format between 10kb-1mb & 350x350 pixels)
- Payment for Visa Fee (as of 1/1/19, the visa fee is $100 per person for US passport holders)
- A sample visa application form can be found here
- There are 5 categories of E-visas. Be sure to apply for the E-Tourist Visa
- Applicants of the eligible countries/territories may apply online a minimum 4 days in advance of the date of arrival with a window of 120 days. For example: If you are applying on 1st Sept then the applicant can select arrival date from 5th Sept to 2nd Jan.
- The e-Visa fee is country/Territory specific ($100 for US Passports). Bank transaction charges of 2.5% will be charged additionally on applicable e-Visa fees. The fee must be paid at least 4 days before the expected date of travel otherwise application will not be processed.
- e-Visa fee once submitted is non-refundable as the fee is for processing of the application and is not dependent on either Grant or Rejection of Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA).
- Applicant should carry a copy of Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) along with him/her at the time of travel. Please confirm that your ETA status is shown as 'GRANTED' on this website prior to commencement of your journey. Applicants can track the status of their application online by clicking VisaStatus
- The validity of e-Visa will be 60 days from the date of arrival in India. Double entry is permitted on e-Tourist visa.
- e-Visa is valid for entry through 28 designated Airports (i.e. Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Bhubaneshwar, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh,Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai,Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Portblair, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Varanasi & Vishakhapatnam) and 5 designated seaports (i.e. Cochin, Goa, Mangalore,Mumbai,Chennai). However, the foreigner can take exit from any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts (ICPs) in India.
- The e-Visa fee payment status updation may take up to 2 hours due to technical reasons/network delays. Before re-applying, the applicants are requested to wait for 2 hours for payment status updating, after final submission of the application form and payment of the fee. In cases, where e-Visa fee has been deducted but status is not updated, the applicants are advised to verify their payment status by clicking on 'Verify Payment/Pay Visa Fee' tab or by clicking on the link Verify Payment.
- Nationals of Yellow Fever affected countries or travelers arriving from these countries must carry YELLOW FEVER VACCINATION CARD at the time of arrival in India, otherwise they may be quarantined for 6 days upon arrival in India. Please visit our Ministry Of Health & Family Welfare latest guidelines regarding yellow fever countries here.
- For any assistance call 24 * 7 e-Visa support center at +91-11-24300666 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org